Wednesday, February 17, 2021

#3274 (2/17) "THREE Recent FB Posts of My {Stan] Personal Thoughts and Experiences"

 ATTENTION: SCROLL DOWN  to get TODAY'S entitled in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. PLEASE  be  sure to note the various PRAYER REQUESTS listed BEFORE and AFTER the posted article. (NOTE each day's  DAILY prayer requests for the persecuted church.) 

Questions for Our New President

  PRAYER ALERT:z


URGENT: Pray for the millions who are suffering in the wake of the ongoing recent storms, esp. those living in Texas.

*Pray for U.S. Pastor David Lin in China (see "Something Serious Is Happening In That Dark Place" -  Tony Perkins, Washington Watch, April 09, 2019; https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20190409/something-serious)
*Pray for Leah Sharibu is a courageous Nigerian Christian teen girl held captive by Boko Haram. The Islamic militia is threatening to kill or enslave her because she won't renounce Jesus Christ. Pray that the UN will intervene in her release. [2/13/19 – This day marked ONE YEAR since her kidnapping.

ATTENTION!

PERSONAL UPDATE: 2/15 - Note my latest entry in the JOURNAL section on the right side of this page. 

From the Presidential Prayer Team:https://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/daily-prayer- 

FEBRUARY 17 - *For God to guide and direct those in meetings today between the President and labor union officials at the WH today regardikng federal investments in infrastructure upgrades, energy procution, and creation of jobs in the wake of the pandemic.
*For the president and administration officials to seek AND DO God’s will through the policies they create.
*For healing and recovery for the nation and for the millions who have been impacted by the pandemic.
*For delivery and administration of the Covid vaccine nationwide.
"For protection for those most vulnerable to the virus.
*For God’s truth to prevail and His will be accomplished.
*For healing and recovery for those who are ill and for an end to the COVID-19 outbreak.
*For wisdom for the Coronavirus Task Force as they work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
*For wisdom for the president and administration officials as they continue to lead in the midst of the pandemic and the ongoing economic impact that comes as a result.
*For guidance for President Trump  as he works on a variety of issues, that God’s will would be accomplished through him.

   DECLARATION FOR LIFE: Please be sure to sign this at:  https://www.focusonthefamily.com/pro-life
     BE Prepared TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST ABORTION 
(...because ALL Babies Matter! - http://www.lifenews.com/2017/03/01/why-do-unborn-babies-matter-just-because-they-are/ : Go to: LIFE Training Institute - http://prolifetraining.com/resources/five-minute-11/  
Be Prepared TO ENGAGE WITH THE PC CULTURE:Go to:"Tactics" - 
http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2016/04/29/tactics-n2154983
"Don't Argue the Exceptions - Beating Bad Arguments For Abortion and Transgenderism" - by John Stonestreet, Breakpoint.org, May 25, 2017;
 http://breakpoint.org/2017/05/breakpoint-dont-argue-exceptions/

-------------------------------------

"THREE RECENT FB POST OF MY [STAN] PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND EXPERINCES"

[NOTE: I posted the folowing items on my FaceBook site recently. I feel led to share them with you who may not be one of  my "FB friends." I hope that you enjoy them and will be blessed by them. I look forward to any comments/response you have after reading them. I hope to make it a point to begin posting other such entries from my FB site that I think you  might enoy from now on. Enjoy! - Stan]

   Feb. 12, 2021. GOD ALSO HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR: Even before he was elected president, former President Trump has been attacked mercilessly by a segment of our population that now vindictively is trying to convict him of crimes second time. Recently, 2 guys I know have gone to making fun of us conservatives who have supported Donald Trump. I believe most of us do so because we appreciate how his policies have greatly helped our country and even brought peace to the Middle East after decades of turmoil. Well, guys, I also have a sense of humor and I believe so does God. How about this: Picture all of us believers seated at the Great Supper of the Lamb and who does God place to sit betweern the two of you but Donald Trump. Not only that, but during dinner, he has you 3 stand up and asks the two of you to place a special crown upon the former president's head to reward him for all the unborn children he saved from abortion through his policies. Now THAT would be a fun moment, don't you guys think? Ha, Ha! (P.S. - BTW,  there are many Christian leaders who have testified to Donald Trump being a Christian, including a man I greatly admire, the founder of Focus on the Family ministry, James Dobson.) Guys, all of us believers are growing in sanctification and none of us behave as God or ourselves would like. I choose to see the fruit of a person's life, not his sins and other missteps. If God shows grace to us, can you not show it as well? THAT, I believe, honors God, not belittling the views of others. How about it guys?

     Feb. 15, 20121. GOD COMES THROUGH AGAIN! - After several failed attempts to even pull up my workplace Publix site at home to make an appointment to get a COVID vaccination shot, I was resigned to waiting for some future time when I might finally get on. (Not that I've been too concerned about gettting one.) Then, this past Sat., I shared my frustrating experiences with the pharmacist at my store who said that they had no more appointments to give out. THEN, just 5 minutes before my shift started, a pharmacist assistant stopped by the breakroom I was in to say that they had a shot to give me if I came "NOW!" Needless to say I literally ran over but it ended up taking about half an hour for them to make the necessary phone calls to arrranage for me to get a shot. But sure enough, I ended up finding myself rolling up my left arm sleeve and getting a shot! Not only that  but I was given an exact time in one month to come by to get my second shot without having to go through the process of trying to secure an appointment. (I honestly think they were concerrned that I am so old - will be 70 this June - that they made a special attempt to arrange for me to get the shot.) I just praise God that I have another example of how He will step in and help his children when they are ready to give up. It was a great reminder that everything is in God's timing to do His way. How cool is that! PRAISE HIM! [Question: Could the Sovereign God have arranged for me to be working at the super market I have now been at over 4 years ago because He knew this virus was coming and wanted to make provision for my needs? Of coursr, we cannot know the answer to that but rememmber that "all things are possible with God! [Mk. 10:27]" ) 😀

Feb. 17, 2021: WHEN FRIENDS LOVE LIKE GOD! I have 2 special friends - Danny and Becky - who I've known for around 40 years when we served together in full time ministry in Japan. I had been sharing with them about how my very old computer has been acting especially slow lately and I wasn't sure what to do. Over the past weekend, they told me to expect a UPS package this week. It only occured to me Sunday night as I was preparing to bed that they might have sent me a computer. But I sort of laughed because I could not imagine anyone sending e such a gift. I really thought it was more likely a package of chocolates to cheer me up.
   Well,yesterday, I was overwhelmed with surprise when I discovered the package outside my front door and sure enough it contained a laptop computer!(I have never owned a wireless computer.) I just happened tbe talking with Becky when I made the discovery and she explained that they had recenly learned that there was some money left in her Mom's estate after she had died recently.(I have been praying for her for several years and been sending her my blog alerts.) They had kindly decided to purchase a computer for me and Becky said that her Mom would have happily approved. As they continue to be in full-time ministry, I am very aware of they esp. have financial needs and so their generosity takes my breath away. It reminds me so much of those moments when God blesses you unexpectedly and there is no way to sufficiently thank Him. It is such a reminder of the grace of God that began at Calvary, when God gave His very best - His own Son Jesus - to die for us not because we were good but because He loved us. It's one of those special moments when it's like having Heaven come down to earth. I can only pray my life will be a model of God's grace as well. 

-------------------------------------------------


PRAYER MATTERS:

"To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against 
the disorder of the world Karl Barth
"Prayer is inviting God into a seemingly impossible situation and trusting/resting in His love and grace to accomplish His perfect will in His perfect time and for His greatest glory. Intercession is  one of the great privileges AND responsibilities for EVERY believer."- Stan
----------------------------------------------------------------------
“INTERCESSORS ARE THE RUDDER” – A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT - Wanda Alger, June 28th, 2017; https://www.getamericapraying.com/blog/I was recently given a word by my good friend, Bill Yount. His word greatly encouraged me as an intercessor. Working for Intercessors for America, I soon realized it was not just a word for me, but for all who have been praying for our nation, wondering if their prayers are truly making any difference. Bill told me, “I kept seeing you as a small rudder on a huge ship. Hidden, but giving guidance. Although it seemed slow it was turning the whole ship. Patience was needed to see the impact of your…ministry. I sense the Lord saying, ‘Don’t jump ship! I’ve made you the rudder!’ ” I was immediately touched in my spirit by this encouragement, knowing that our seemingly small place in prayer was having a great impact.
James 3:4 talks about the power of a small rudder to steer a large ship. In this scripture about the power of our tongue, consider the power of prophetic intercession! In the Forerunner Commentary on this verse we read, “…rudders manipulate the course of immense ocean vessels with a slight movement of a pilot’s hand. Since it is underwater and aft, the rudder of a ship does its work UNSEEN. A passenger is ignorant of its movements most of the time. Yet, when it is in proper working order, the rudder holds more power over the ship than the wind. The wind will blow, toss, even destroy the ship’s rigging, but the rudder guides the ship exactly where it directs.”
This is God’s promise to the intercessors in this hour of national turbulence. Don’t stop praying! Your prayers have great power to turn the ship! Continue praying, interceding, and discerning the workings and movements of the Holy Spirit, being faithful to God’s commands. As we come together to declare God’s faithfulness, this nation will, once again, head in the direction that God intends. Don’t give up and don’t give in. Regardless of the winds of adversity and the fires of the enemy, God’s people have a power that cannot be matched. Let us join in faith and continue to pray and speak of God’s faithfulness in order to bring God’s people and this nation into the fullness of God’s plans. Note this additional encouragement from God’s word:
Colossians 2:15 – “He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him” (ESV). 
Psalm 33:8-11 – “Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The Lord foils the plans of the nations; He thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.” 
Wanda Alger, IFA Field Correspondent

PRAY FOR AMERICA: THANK GOD for His many blessings on America throughout it's history. May we then ask that AMERICA once again be a blessing TO GOD, by once again submitting to HIS will in our affairs - both personal and national - that He may truly "heal our land." (2 Chron. 7:14) Short of that, we should not be saying "God Bless America"but instead "God be merciful towards America!"
PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS 1) Pray for President Trump and his advisers, that they would select Godly leaders at the federal level who will be accountable to do an excellent job (or be fired!) ; that he would seek God's wisdom and be enabled to lead our country effectively in the years ahead; and 2) Pray our leaders at every level of government will Spirit-filled, leading us with Godly wisdom and integrity; that they will  only pass legislation and enact policies that will benefit Americans today as well as future generations and NOT do any lasting harm.
SUPREME COURT: PRAY that the justices will only hand down decisions that are Constitutionally sound and in the best interests of our country now and for future generations.

World-Wide Prayer Requests:

 PRAISE GOD for the continuing recent successes against ISIS!
------------------------------------------------------------
Praying Through the Open Doors World Watch List for persecuted believers:https://www.opendoorsusa.org/take-action/pray/monthly-prayer-calendar/

 Hard-pressed on every side. In Iran, Sam and Maryam were arrested along with five other Iranian believers in 2019. These Christians were convicted of propaganda against the state” for possessing Christian materials. Sam was sentenced to one year in prison followed by two years of exile. Maryam, a nurse, was fined and is banned from working for any national institution, including the hospital she has served for 20 years. If that wasn’t enough, the couple was also  found “not fit” to be parents to their 2-year-old adopted daughter, Lydia—simply because they are Christians. Even the judge declared that Lydia, who suffers from health problems, may spend the rest of her life in state care. The couple lost their appeal in the case, which means their daughter will be taken from them.

February 17 - Pray that Sam and Maryam take up the shield of faith, which extinguishes the flaming arrows of the evil one (Eph. 6:16).

*Representative name or photo used to protect identity.

STANDING STRONG THROUGH THE STORM - OpenDoorsUSA.org
 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them.- 2 Tim. 4:16                                     
SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THOSE WHO SUFFER
The Apostle Paul knew exactly what it was like to be alone, to be deserted by all who called themselves “brothers” and “sisters.” A former colleague who has done considerable travel among the persecuted says, “It is hard to believe that Christians are the largest persecuted group in the world today. But it is even more difficult to believe that this is so seldom mentioned in our gatherings and church services. More Christians know the names of their favorite actors than their fellow believers who are in prison.”
He continues, “With every trip something in my heart breaks as I hear the echoes of suffering:
I remember the echoes of an Egyptian mother as she shared how her young boy was stuck in a haystack because she refused to deny Jesus.
I remember the sounds of weeping as fellow students in Indonesia shared how Sariman, their co-student, was hacked to death.
I remember the cries of anguish as we walked from church to church that was burned to the ground on the island of Lombok.
I remember the tears of Rebecca in Iran as she showed the picture of her father who was stabbed to death for sharing the gospel.
I remember the voice of Pastor Daniel in Vietnam as he shared how he was chained to the ground for six months.
I remember the fear of Grace from Sudan as she shared how her church was attacked and her friend was shot through the head.
Oh, I remember the cries of Caleb in Eritrea as he shared with tears how two dear friends were executed in front of him because of their faith.
And I remember the tears of Joy in the southern Philippines as she shared how her fiancé was shot to death in their church in Mindanao.
But, most all, I remember the deafening sounds of silence every time I return home.
RESPONSE
How can I be silent today? How can I not speak on behalf of those who suffer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment